Pinterest is a popular platform for many people where you can find lots of cool ideas for do-it-yourself projects, recipes, business, lifestyle, and more. If you’re new to making money on Pinterest, you’re in the right place. This guide will cover proven ways to make money on Pinterest, especially for beginners.
Yes, you can make money on Pinterest, whether you’re a blogger, marketer, or influencer. Knowing your audience, understanding their needs, and creating a solid monetization strategy are key.
In this guide, you’ll learn legitimate ways to make money on Pinterest, see real-life examples of businesses succeeding, and get a checklist to monetize your Pinterest account. Let’s dive into the details.
1. Use Pinterest Ads to Drive Traffic and Sales
If you want quick results, Pinterest ads are the way to go. They help increase followers, build your brand, drive website traffic, and boost overall conversions and sales. For example, “Jonas Paul Eyewear” saw 90% of their website traffic come from Pinterest ads, with impressive stats like 32% lower cost per click and 65% higher average order value.
Tips for Running Pinterest Ads:
- – Set a budget and stick to it.
- – Choose the right ad format for your goals.
- – Create targeted ads based on demographics and interests.
- – A/B test different ad variations to improve effectiveness.
2. Become an Affiliate Marketer
For passive income on Pinterest, try affiliate marketing. Join an affiliate program in a niche you’re interested in and promote products by earning a commission on each sale. Focus on products that bring value to your audience, create awareness through multiple pins, and link to reviews or videos instead of direct affiliate links.
Tips for Affiliate Marketing on Pinterest:
- – Be strategic in promoting valuable products.
- – Create multiple pins for each piece of content.
- – Disclose affiliate links using hashtags like “#affiliatelink” or “#sponsored.”
- – Use tools like Canva, Buffer, and Pingroupie for effective affiliate marketing.
3. Partner with Other Brands
With a decent following (10K followers or more), you can partner with brands for sponsored posts. Find a relevant brand, agree on terms, create pins mentioning the brand, and add the paid partnership label. Being an expert in your niche increases your chances of attracting paying brands.
Steps for Brand Partnerships on Pinterest:
- – Find a relevant brand for your business.
- – Finalize terms and conditions.
- – Create pins with the brand, add the paid partnership label, and tag the brand.
4. Become an Influencer
Building a following on Pinterest allows you to become an influencer. Identify your niche, create engaging pins, and grow your audience. As an influencer, you can collaborate with brands, talk about their products, and link to them on your pins for others to shop.
Tips for Becoming an Influencer on Pinterest:
- – Focus on a specific niche.
- – Build and engage an audience in that niche.
- – Seek relevant brand partnerships through competitor analysis.
In conclusion, making money on Pinterest involves understanding your audience, using ads strategically, exploring affiliate marketing, partnering with brands, and potentially becoming an influencer.
Get started by identifying your niche and implementing these strategies to monetize your Pinterest account.
4. Help People Shop the Look
Pinterest is a great place to sell products because many people use it to find their favorite things. About 40% of users shop for items they love, making Pinterest users big shoppers. The platform lets you sell directly from Pins, and you can use the “Shop the Look” feature to tag up to 25 items in one image.
Here’s how it works:
- – Post an image showing products someone is wearing or using.
- – This helps others recreate a specific look.
- – You can use affiliate links, earning a commission when your followers make a purchase.
- – It’s like affiliate marketing, but with individual products on separate pins.
- – Even if you’re selling your own stuff, you can use this feature.
To get ideas for “Shop the Look” Pins, follow creators or brands that create shoppable content. Promote these Pins to reach a broader audience.
5. Teach Your Knowledge
If you have skills in growing Pinterest accounts or expertise in specific topics, you can make money by teaching what you know. Here are some simple ways:
- – Create and sell online courses on topics like cooking or photography.
- – Offer coaching sessions, especially if you’re good at growing followers and brand visibility.
- – Write and sell ebooks on various subjects.
- – Create and sell visually appealing infographics.
- For content creation, you can use tools like Canva, Buffer, or Pingroupie. Follow these steps to share your knowledge and make money on Pinterest:
- – Provide coaching sessions and offer them online.
- – Write ebooks and sell them directly on Pinterest or through other platforms.
- – Create and sell infographics on various topics.
6. Offer Services on Pinterest
If you want to make money on Pinterest quickly and without a blog, try offering services. Many businesses need help with Pinterest-related tasks, and you can offer services like:
- – Creating pins
- – Managing Pinterest profiles
- – Providing SEO services for pins.
Here are some practical tips:
- – Offer free consultations to showcase your services.
- – Build relationships with other Pinterest creators and businesses.
- – Optimize your Pinterest profile with relevant keywords and hashtags.
- – Be patient, as building a successful service-based business on Pinterest takes time.
Remember, it’s essential to engage with others, make your profile appealing, and use proper hashtags to boost your visibility.
FAQs | How to Make Money on Pinterest in 2023 For Beginners
Can you get paid on Pinterest?
Yes, you can get paid on Pinterest through various methods, such as selling merchandise, promoting products, paid posts, and sponsorships.
How many followers do you need on Pinterest to earn money?
Unlike YouTube, your number of followers on Pinterest doesn’t directly impact your earnings. Pinterest doesn’t pay its content creators.
Does Pinterest pay you in India?
Pinterest does not pay anyone, including Indians. To make money on Pinterest, you can sell your products or promote affiliate products through pins.
What are the best ways to make money from Pinterest?
Some proven ways to make money on Pinterest include promoting affiliate products, offering services, selling your merchandise, and engaging in brand partnerships.
Can you make money on Pinterest without a blog?
Yes, you can make money on Pinterest without a blog by offering services like image creation, managing Pinterest accounts, and optimizing profiles. You can also sell affiliate products without a blog.